First week on placement




So, a few weeks ago I was introduced to my hub placement for my final year. Last year my hub was in Psychological Therapy, which I loved. But this year I am on the ward which I had previously worked as HCA on. I was still a little nervy as I had not had much ward experience in my 2nd year. 


On my first day I got to meet my associate mentor, admitted my first patient on to the ward and did some of the usual things like helping deliver medication. Whilst filling in the admission paperwork, I noticed I made some spelling mistakes probably due to me feeling slightly anxious. I ensured I added these words to my trusty notebook. I always carry a small notebook on placement so that when I recognise an issue or mistake regarding my spelling, I note it down so that I can refer to it again if need be. I also, add in words that I hear which may be useful whilst writing my notes or reports.  


The first week went well, I enjoyed my time there and I am looking forward to meeting my signoff mentor as well as continuing to establish myself on the ward. I have chosen to work long shifts so that I have more days off to also spend on my Uni work.


On Friday I visited the Welcome institute with my cohort and really enjoyed the Medicine Man Exhibition. The display led us through the history of medicine from Ancient Greek times to Modern-day medicine. I personally liked the display of anatomical models dating from the begin of the 17th century.


I hope you’ve enjoyed my blog please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need signposting for support regarding issues regarding dyslexia and nursing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So you’re going to be a student Nurse

The End is Nigh

Part one of 8 months a Nurse : Into the Blues